1. Ships must be to define local Agent before arrival
to Libyan ports.
2. Ships be bound to any Libyan ports should be contact
with Authorities prior entering territorial waters, using
VHF CH 16, 12, 11.
3. Libyan territorial waters limited by 12 nautical
miles and in gulf of Sirt by parallel 32 30' N.
4. Passing ships must keep contact with coastal
5. Ships in anchorage area not allowed changing
position without permission.
6. A pilot service is compulsory in all Libyans ports.
7. Priority for entering ports will be for passenger
ships, live stock, liner, post, cargo, tankers, and
8. No shore leave or crew changes in oil terminals.
9. Having on board Israeli products or Israeli flag is
10. Foreign currency not to be taken ashore unless under
11. Visits between ships are not allowed without the prior
permission from customs and immigration.
12. No engine repairs to be carried out without permission
from port authorities.
13. Cleaning funnels or making smoke whilst in port is
14. Ships gang way to be in position at all times whilst
15. Rat guards to be fixed on every point.
16. Scrapping or painting not allowed without prior
17. Red flag to be hoisted in daylight, and red light in
the night-time for ships loaded with dangerous cargo.
18. All communications devices must be off whilst ships
alongside. (Wireless Radio, Radio Telephone).
19. Taking photo in ports is strictly forbidden.
20. Master must produce all International certificates
prescribed for the ship.
21. Declaring all money, Cigarettes and Spirits with the
crew on crew declaration.
22. Cargo (CBM) should be indicated in Cargo Manifest.
23. It's prohibited to keep spirits or offer any spirits to
24. All wines, alcohols and excessive cigarettes and
pornographic literature on board must be stamped with custom
seal and the Master is to see that above is strictly